Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

(Inspired) Recipe: Easy Mac

Hello everyone, and happy 23rd day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a new recipe, inspired by a recent post by Michelle at My Zoetrope.  Her Mac 'n Cheese looked so good that I had to try it for myself.  I'd avoided any further attempts to make macaroni and cheese with nutritional yeast ever since a major fail with a complicated recipe I'd found online.  But Michelle's recipe was so beautifully simple that I figured it was worth a try, and it certainly was!  Here's my take (minus the garlic and Daiya)...

Easy Mac


Recipe (serves one):
--1 cup whole wheat rotini
--1 cup mixed vegetables
--nutritional yeast
--1/2 cup soy milk
--1 T Earth Balance
--pepper and salt, to taste


Boil pasta and vegetables, drain and then mix them together in the pot with the remaining ingredients.  Simmer on low heat until soy milk is mostly absorbed; serve and enjoy!


The first time I made it, it was amazing (though too peppery, my fault!), and I was so glad that I tried it out.  I made it again today, this time with a bit less pepper, and it was perfect, so I think this is a new successful recipe that I will be using often!


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and I'll leave you with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've found the perfect Mac & Cheese recipe! It took me a while too but I eventually settled on either the Veganomicon Cheesy Sauce or the New Farm recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, vegan.in.brighton! I really need to get a copy of Veganomicon; I've heard so many good things about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this, it looks delicious! And it took me a while to start using nutritional yeast in recipes because I used to think it was awful. I like the VegNews mac n cheese because there's no nooch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mandee! That recipe looks pretty good as well! :D

    ReplyDelete