Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lazy Dinner Post

Hello everyone, and happy 20th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I can hardly believe how quickly it's going by, but I'm having a ton of fun and am enjoying reading all the great blogs out there.  Today I have a post from my lazy dinner last night.  By the time I got back from classes, I really was in no mood to cook, so I turned to a quick microwaveable vegetable noodle soup (yes, vegans can be lazy, too).  I don't have it often because it's really high in sodium; I guess that could be gotten around by adding less of the seasoning packet, though.  Regardless, I also usually add some frozen vegetables to the mix because the "vegetables" it come with are tiny pieces of carrot, cabbage, and cilantro, barely noticeable and hardly substantial.  So I added broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower last night, filled up the bowl with water, and microwaved it.  Once it was done being heated up and had sat for the recommended amount of time, I swapped the noodles into a real bowl so it would be a tad bit more photogenic.  
 

I have to get a paper and some other assignments finished before I head off to my internship today, so I will leave you with a blog post by Ken Hopes at brockway hall: "Our Conflicted Attitudes Toward the Death of Animals."  Have a lovely day!

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment