Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lazy Thursday Post, "Chicken" Vegetable Orzo

Hello everyone, and happy 13th day of the Vegan Month of Food.  My post is a short one today because I had a crazy busy day at my internship--taking hotline calls, observing a shelter intake, scheduling counseling appointments, doing a shelter pre-assessment and accepting that individual for shelter, having a weekly supervision meeting, and tying up loose ends before heading out the door.  

By the time I got home, I was all hyped up, and Zach and I were swapping stories, and I kept trying to get myself to cook but I felt so talkative and just couldn't focus.  So, needless to say, it took me a while to finally get my dinner made, and I didn't do anything creative, just my quick and easy vegetable orzo that I've already blogged about, though there were some new veggies in it this time (broccoli, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, zucchini, and green lima beans), and I also chopped up a Boca "chik'n" patty and added that to the mix.  I made sure to take some pictures, though, before I sat down to enjoy it with some plain stoned wheat crackers and get myself caught up on blog readings.

"Chicken" Vegetable Orzo




I hope everyone has a lovely night, and I'll leave you with the link to an awesome My Face Is On Fire blog post about the basics of veganism for those who are thinking of going vegan:  Veganism 101: Back to the Basics.


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment