Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Miscellaneous Goodies

Hello everyone, for the fifth day of the Vegan Month of Food, I thought I would share a few photos (no recipes today) of miscellaneous goodies that I've made recently.

Coffee
 
Instant coffee, sugar, hot water, and a bit of Silk Original soy milk

As I don't drink coffee (don't really care for the smell or the taste), I made this for Zach to try out.  He loves coffee, but was hesitant about using soy milk in it, so the agreement was that he would drink it, but I'd also have to try a sip as well.  Fair enough!  I didn't really care for it, but I just don't like coffee, so there you go.  It was fun to make, though, and I think it might be fun sometime to try out a vegan creamer instead of just soy milk. 

I had fun stirring it and thought the foam was cool

Apple Cider & Ginger Snaps

So lovely and fall-y...

It's now become an autumn tradition for us to get a big gallon of apple cider (and some ginger snap cookies if we remember) whenever we make a trip to the grocery store.  There's nothing quite like a warm mug of apple cider on a fall day, and the cookies are perfect for dunking!  

Crackers & Hummus

Quick & easy

I generally make my hummus from the Fantastic Foods Hummus Mix; all you have to do is add some olive oil and water.  It's a fun and quick snack to prepare, one of my favorites.

And now for something non-food...

Sketch: Piglet with Mother

Sketch: Piglet with mother, 10/4/11

I did this quick sketch during a few minutes of downtime at my internship last night.  It made me really happy how nice it turned out, especially since it was done on a 3x3 Post-It note and in pen.  

See?  Post-It note :)

Note:  My inspiration for this sketch was a color photo within a PowerPoint presentation (page 3): Phillips, A. (2011). Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T) [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from http://content10.ilinc.com/il/il.dll/@F/Get/cnt_bmbbkkp.pdf?t=o&n=cnt_.pdf&id=bmbbkkp

Well, I have over 300 blog posts in my Google Reader, so I better get reading and get that under control.  Have a wonderful day, and I will leave you with another quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

2 comments:

  1. The apple cider and ginger biscuits sounds like a really lovely combination! Love the picture of the pigs!

    ReplyDelete