Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

New Recipe Fail for Friday

Hello everyone, and happy 21st day of the Vegan Month of Food!  There are only 10 days left, and then I get to go crazy for another month, but this time with NaNoWriMo.  I'm just glad that they are in two separate months this time, not like last year with both in November!  Anyone else NaNoWriMo'ing?  If you like to write and want to challenge yourself, go for it and sign up already!  Writing 50,000 words in a month is hard, but doable.  (I managed it, though it was hard to write so much without editing it at the same time!)  

Anyways, back to the food...  Today's "recipe" was a fail that I had Sunday night.  I've waited this long to post about it because it was so annoying!  But I figured out what I did wrong and will be able to easily avoid it the next time I try it out (as try again I shall!).

I had never cooked with eggplant before, so I figured this would be a fun little experiment.  I decided on doing some simple eggplant chips.  (Silly me, thinking that would be a hard thing to mess up.)  So, I sliced up the eggplant as thin as I could, prepared two full baking trays of them, added vegetable oil to coat and sprinkled a salt and pepper mixture on top, baked them for 10 minutes, flipped, added more salt and pepper to the other side, and baked for another 10 minutes.  Well, they still weren't crispy by this point because I had added way too much vegetable oil.  I kept baking them, hoping something would work out, but it never did.  The ones that didn't turn totally black were still soaked in oil, way too much to be palatable, even after being laid out on top of paper towels to absorb the extra oil.  So yes, a failure if there ever was one, and here is a photo to prove it. 

Fail  :(

I promise I will do a take two on this one, and report back with a more successful version!

In the meantime, I will leave you with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment