Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Recipe: Beans & Rice Burrito

Hello everyone, and I hope you are having a wonderful 14th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  My post tonight is about my dinner, already in the process of being devoured.  I just put this recipe together as I went along, and it turned out amazing!  I'm rather pleased with myself, as I wasn't really sure what to expect, but this is my new favorite burrito to make and eat! 

Beans & Rice Burrito

 

Recipe (makes 2):
--1 can pink beans
--1 cup minute rice
--1/2 cup tofu (cubed)
--handful of snap peas
--1/2 cup water (as needed)
--1/4 tsp salt
--chili powder 
--2 flour tortillas


Bring beans, rice, tofu, and added water to a boil; lower heat, add snap peas, salt and a sprinkling of chili powder.  Let simmer and stir until water is absorbed.  Prepare burritos and enjoy!


I'll leave you with a link to an article on Gentle World's website on the topic of being vegan:  "The Vegan Evolution" by Angel Flinn.  Have a lovely rest of your day; as for me, I'm finishing up my burrito, yum!

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment