Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Recipe: Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Hello everyone, and happy 25th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a quick little recipe that I made Sunday night.  I was lazy and used a box mix, but next time I plan to try making this recipe from scratch because I really don't think it will be all that difficult, just need to figure out some measurements.  

Carrot Cake Cupcakes



Recipe (makes 12 cupcakes, and some leftover mix):
--1 bag carrot cake mix and 1 bag carrots & raisins (from Duncan Hines)
--1 1/4 cup hot water
--3/4 cup applesauce
--1/4 cup vegetable oil


Pour carrots and raisins into hot water; let stand for five minutes.  Mix together the carrot cake mix, applesauce, vegetable oil, and the carrots and raisins.  Spoon out about 3 T of the mix into each cupcake pouch.  Bake for about 25 minutes, or until you can stick a fork (couldn't find any toothpicks, lol!) in one of the cupcakes and it comes out clean.  Let the cupcakes cool, and then enjoy!


These turned out nicely, though I was anxious that they were going to over-bake, so I kept checking them obsessively every five minutes, haha!  (And I even took them out a bit early and had to put them back in again when I realized they weren't cooked enough!)  I didn't bother with any frosting because honestly, I am not a fan; I like my cupcakes plain.  They are nice and moist and perfect with some hot apple cider, and tomorrow I'll share my recipe of what I did with the leftover mix.  


For now, I'll leave you with a recent post over at My Face Is On Fire: "Meat-Free McCartney."  Have a lovely day, everyone!

Peace.  :)

2 comments: