Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Recipe: Eggplant Chips

Hello everyone, and happy 29th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today was a lovely day; I woke up to it snowing outside, so it's hard to beat that!  And it snowed for the majority of the day, and I was able to get a few pictures, and walk around town and the campus with Zach, so it was fun.  Also, I discovered that I need to get new snow boots, as the ones I have are cracking and letting in water, so that will be something to take care of eventually...  I tried the eggplant chips again today, and it was yet another failure (well, it turned out how it was supposed to, but I just didn't like it).  I used much less vegetable oil but they were still soft and chewy after baking for a while; they didn't get nice and crisp as I had hoped they would.  So, in other words, if you only like crunchy chips, these aren't for you (or me).

Eggplant Chips

 

Recipe:
--eggplant
--vegetable oil
--salt
--pepper

Slice eggplant thinly, arrange on baking sheet, add some vegetable oil (about 2 tsps) and salt and pepper.  Bake for at least half an hour at 400°F, making sure to flip sides.


So, yes, a disappointing recipe, but you can't win them all.  In other news, here are a couple snowy pictures of the creek!



I'll close tonight with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment