Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Recipe: Peanut Butter Pasta & Vegetables

Hello everyone, and happy 9th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a modification of a previous recipe, but first I would like to give some updates and encourage you all to head over to a new blog that I started following this week called grim confetti: tales of food & gardening adventures; it's a really nice blog with wonderful recipes and great pictures, so go check it out!  :)  Also, I've added a new feature to my own blog so that you can subscribe by e-mail if you'd like; as new posts are added, you'll be notified so you won't miss anything.  And now, on to the recipe...

Peanut Butter Pasta & Vegetables


Recipe:
--water
--1 serving of pasta of your choice (I used linguine)
--1 cup mixed vegetables
--2 tablespoons peanut butter

Boil water, add pasta and vegetables.  Once cooked, drain out most of the water (leaving in about 1/4 cup or so).  Mix pasta, vegetables, peanut butter, and the remaining water together and serve once stirred smoothly throughout and water is absorbed.

This recipe was a simplification of the peanut-broccoli pasta that I had made over the summer with my mom.  This time I left out the red pepper (because I didn't have any at the time), the red pepper flakes (because last time they were a bit too spicy), and added other veggies.  It was really filling, and I actually ended up having some leftovers that were part of my lunch the next day.

In other news, I've had a great day today (and last night) hanging out with my family and catching up on telling stories.  Inevitably, we all end up trying to talk at the same time, and our conversations get really loud and animated as we remember stories that we've been waiting to tell, so it's fun and a really nice feeling, being home.  :)


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment