Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recipe: Plain & Simple Pancakes

Hello everyone, and happy 8th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today, I am posting about the pancakes I made two weeks ago for a nice lazy weekend breakfast.  

Plain & Simple Pancakes



Recipe (serves one, makes roughly 3-4 pancakes):
--1 cup pancake mix (I used one from Bob's Red Mill)
--1/2 cup soy milk
--1 tsp crushed flax seeds, mixed with 3 tsps water
--1 tsp vegetable oil


Mix together ingredients.  Pour out some of the mix into a frying pan (sprayed with a vegetable oil cooking and baking spray), brown one side and then the other, and repeat for remaining pancake mix.  Serve plain, with maple syrup, or fruits.

Generally when I make pancakes, I use applesauce as an egg replacer, but while I had two jars of applesauce this day, I couldn't for the life of me get them open!  So, Plan B was the flax seed (an egg replacer that I'd heard of, but never used myself), and it served its purpose, though the pancakes seemed a bit more dry than usual.  Next time I'll make sure I have applesauce at the ready before beginning the process, but all in all, it was fun trying something new and having to be a bit more flexible.

I'll leave you today with a link regarding veganism that someone posted on Facebook:  "Top Ten Lies I Hear."  Also, just while clicking around on that site, I found a vegan joke that is so true:  "How many vegans does it take to change a light bulb? Ten. One to do it and nine to convince people it really is that easy."  :)  So, yes, I'm now getting very distracted by all the fun stuff on this site, so I better wrap up now before I include ten thousand more links.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend; as for me, I'll be heading home after dinner tonight.  I'm really excited to see my parents, as well as my younger sister who's been really busy in her first year of college and is coming home, too.  I'll be trucking home a bunch of ingredients to make some wonderful vegan food while I am home, and I'll be sure to take photos and post all about it!  For now, I need to finish packing and cleaning, make myself a banana smoothie, read some more blog posts, and get some schoolwork done.

Peace.  :)

2 comments: