Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Recipe: Potatoes & Broccoli

Hello everyone, and happy 12th day of the Vegan Month of Food.  Today I have the simple recipe for potatoes and broccoli that I made over the summer.  

Potatoes & Broccoli


Recipe (serves one):
--3 small/medium-sized potatoes
--olive oil
--thyme
--1 cup broccoli
--garlic salt (optional)


Slice the potatoes thinly and arrange on a baking tray.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on thyme.  Bake potatoes in oven until they have reached the desired crispiness.  Cook broccoli (add garlic salt to taste if needed) and serve alongside potatoes.


This was a really easy meal to make, and it made me realize how much I love broccoli now.  I used to hate broccoli as a kid; my dad made numerous (non-vegan) recipes to try to get me to eat broccoli, but nothing ever worked.  Now I put broccoli in so many of my recipes, it's as if something's off if there isn't any broccoli!  And even plain broccoli (so long as it's cooked or at least steamed) is so delicious; the only way I won't eat broccoli is raw; it just smells and tastes weird to me like that.

I'm off to make lunch and then I'll be at classes for the rest of the day, so I'll leave you with another quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment