Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns & Vegetables

Hello everyone, and happy 17th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a quick recipe from the last of my spaghetti squash leftovers.

Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns & Vegetables


Recipe (serves one):
--2 cups spaghetti squash
--2 cups mixed vegetables
--1 T Earth Balance
--nutritional yeast
--thyme
--garlic salt


Boil spaghetti squash strands, drain and saute in skillet with Earth Balance.  Add some nutritional yeast and thyme, cook until lightly browned.  Boil vegetables, drain, and serve with a sprinkling of garlic salt.  Enjoy!


I had the idea for hash browns once I started scraping out the strands of spaghetti squash.  My favorite hash browns are the thinly sliced ones, and I thought it would be interesting to try non-potato hash browns for the fun of it.  They turned out pretty good, and I could almost see this as being more of a brunchy-kind of meal.  I even added a bit of ketchup to the hash browns, and all in all, another recipe success!


I'll leave you today with an article by Corey Wrenn examining the Occupy Wall Street protests and the animal rights movement: "Occupy Wall Street and implications for the animal rights movement."

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment