Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Recipe: Spicy Spaghetti Squash Seeds

Hello everyone, and happy 18th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a simple recipe for you, adapted from one for pumpkin seeds that my mom had found for me in a magazine.  Here's my version...

Spicy Spaghetti Squash Seeds


Recipe:
--seeds from spaghetti squash
--garlic salt
--salt
--pepper
--red pepper flakes
--cinnamon
--olive oil


Rinse and clean the seeds from the spaghetti squash.  Mix together with the dry seasonings, and then add olive oil and mix to make sure all the seeds are coated.  Arrange on a baking sheet, and bake for about 20 minutes at 300°F, flipping and scooting the seeds around at 10 minutes in.  (After turning off the oven, I left the seeds in for another 5 minutes to get a bit more crispy.)  Allow seeds to cool, and enjoy!


I thought this were a really nice snack, and they were fun to make.  The seeds I liked the best were the thinner ones because they got nice and crispy.  The thicker ones were still good, but they were a bit chewier in the middle.  I kind of want to get a big pumpkin now and carve it just to get a ton of pumpkin seeds and try this recipe again! 


I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, and I'll leave you with a great blog post by John Carbonaro over at Animal Earth Right:  "Tom Otterness and vegan transformative Justice."

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment