Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe: Spicy Spaghetti Squash

Hello everyone, and happy 16th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  We are right in the middle now, just half a month to go!  As promised yesterday, I have a recipe that I made from the leftovers of the spaghetti squash.  After enjoying as much as I could of the stuffed spaghetti squash, there was still a lot of the "spaghetti" strands left, so I scraped them out and stored them as leftovers.  The next day, I put together a fun recipe.

Spicy Spaghetti Squash


Recipe (serves one):
--2 cups of spaghetti squash strands
--1 cup spinach
--chili powder
--nutritional yeast
--8 T salsa
--olive oil


Heat the oil in a skillet, add spaghetti squash and spinach, sprinkle on some chili powder and nutritional yeast, add salsa, and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.  Serve and enjoy.


I thought this recipe turned out very well, though I don't understand why I keep throwing chili powder in my recipes.  It would have had enough spice in it due to the salsa, so next time I might leave out the chili powder as it was somewhat redundant.  But overall, another new recipe success. 


Enjoy your Sunday, and I'll leave you with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery": 


Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! This looks like something I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, veganforthewin! It was a really fun meal to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! I wish we could get spaghetti squash here but I'll have to grow my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mandee, and good luck with growing your own! :)

    ReplyDelete