Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recipe: Vegetable Orzo, version 2.0

Hello everyone, and happy 27th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I'm just posting quickly about the dinner I made myself after my internship today.  I did my vegetable orzo again, but this time with new vegetables; enjoy!

Vegetable Orzo


Recipe (serves one):
--1 1/4 cup water
--1/3 cup orzo
--1 tsp vegetable powder
--2 cups vegetables (I used spinach, carrots, red peppers, onions, cauliflower, Romano beans, yellow squash, and green zucchini)
--pepper


Bring ingredients to a boil, lower heat and stir occasionally until the orzo and vegetables are soft.  I added in a chopped up Boca "Chik'n" patty for the fun of it, and voila!


I'll leave you first with some awesome news.  I talked to my dad on the phone last night; he had an idea that he wanted to tell me about, and here it is:  He wants to make a children's book with me about being vegan!  I can't tell you how excited I am about this!  When I was little, we had hand-made a book for ourselves about a farm that had animals with all the colors of the rainbow.  Now, however, he wants to revisit that and turn it instead into a book about a sanctuary for farmed animals!  I'm so excited about this, and he even suggested donating proceeds from the book to a sanctuary; of course, I am totally on board with that (I'm thinking for the Animals)!

And now, a quote from "Quotes on Slavery," and I hope you all have a lovely night!


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment