Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Recipe: Vegetable Soup

Hello everyone, and happy 22nd day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Last night for dinner I tried the Vegi Soup Mix from Bob's Red Mill, so here's my super ("souper") simple way to use it to prepare vegetable soup.

Vegetable Soup


Recipe (serves two, or in this case, one really hungry Julie):
--1 cup Vegi Soup Mix (contains both green and yellow split peas, barley, lentils, and vegetable "alphabet soup" pasta)
--4 cups water
--4 tsps vegetable powder
--1/4 tsp pepper
--1/4 tsp salt


Simmer ingredients for one hour, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are nice and soft.  


See, told ya it was easy!  :)


While it's certainly not the most photogenic soup, I really enjoyed it a lot (and finished the whole bowl!), though next time I will probably use less vegetable powder (generally my rule is one tsp per cup water, but this time it was a bit too much).  Other than that, though, it was great, and I still have more of the mix so I will definitely be making this again!  


I hope you have a lovely night, and I'll leave you with a very interesting article (via My Face Is on Fire on Facebook) regarding the issue of pet ownership: "Paws for thought," by Richard Tomkins. 

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment