Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Recipe: Vegetable Stir-Fry & Seasoned Rice

Hello everyone, and happy 11th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Late post tonight as I only just got back from my internship around 10:00, but I would like to share with you a meal that I made over the summer for my family, another one that came from the lovely recipe book that my mom put together for me.  It's a two-part recipe (double bonus!), so enjoy!

Vegetable Stir-Fry


Recipe (serves 4):
--1 cup "chicken" broth
--1 T cornstarch
--1 T soy sauce
--1 olive oil
--4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
--2 tsp ginger
--1 tsp garlic, minced


Stir together first three ingredients until smooth.  Heat olive oil in skillet, add vegetables, ginger, and garlic to skillet, and stir-fry for a few minutes.  Add broth mixture to skillet; cook and stir until mixture boils.  Lower heat and serve once mixture has thickened.

Seasoned Rice


Recipe (serves 4):
--2 cups minute rice
--1 T onion flakes
--2 cups "chicken" broth
--3 T vegan margarine


Boil broth, add rice, onion flakes, and margarine.  Lower heat and stir; cook until broth is absorbed.

We all really enjoyed this meal; it is a recipe that I will continue to make for myself, but if I ever make it for everyone (four people) again, I think I will maybe try to make a bit more since we had no leftovers at all (translation: it serves four people, not four hungry people who want seconds)!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today, and I will see you again tomorrow with another post.  I'm off to do some revisions of a paper and hopefully get to bed at a decent hour.  I'll leave you with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

2 comments: