Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: Lentil Vegetable Soup (Amy's Organic Soups)

Hello everyone, it's just going to be a quick post today for the 10th day of the Vegan Month of Food.  I finally got around to cooking that silly spaghetti squash, but I'll post the recipe, story, and photos from that someday later this week when I don't have a ton of papers hanging over my head.  Today I have a review of something I figured I'd try just for the fun of it.  I generally like cooking things myself; only rarely do I like having something out of a can--generally only when I am feeling really lazy and am just not in the mood for cooking.  Friday night was one of those times, though, so I dug out the can opener and made myself some soup...



I was looking forward to trying some of Amy's brand soups because they look pretty good, and it's always nice when a company will actually write "VEGAN" right in the ingredients list.  Quite convenient, since all we vegans do all day is read ingredients lists (I kid, of course).  Anyway, it's nice, and I certainly appreciate it, as well as the fact that it's organic, yay!  


Now, maybe I shouldn't have chosen a "light in sodium" one for my first try, as it was a little plain.  Then again, if it was really that big a deal, I could have just added salt to it, but it wasn't, so I enjoyed it as it was.  It had a lot of really good stuff in it:  Onions, lentils, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, and green beans, yum!  I ate it with some bread for dunking and some plain crackers as well.  Next time I might try the one with the un-adjusted amount of sodium, just to see if it really made that much of a difference, but all in all, it was good, just nothing to write home about (but perfectly acceptable to write a blog post about). 


I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day, and I'll be back with another post tomorrow.  For now, I need to get working on those papers--funny how they just won't write themselves--so I'll leave you with a quote from "Quotes on Slavery":


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment