Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another Lazy Saturday Post

Hello on the 20th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  No new recipe tonight, just a post about a dinner from earlier this week with leftovers and quick fixin's.  


Menu:
--leftover mushroom vegetable soup
--snap peas and mushrooms (with soy sauce and lemon)
--plain potato
--garlic rolls
--lemon water


The leftover mushroom vegetable soup was good; I added a little less than 1/4 cup water to it before re-heating it since some of the liquid had gotten absorbed.  The rolls were nice for dunking in the soup.  My mom was just going to make the snap peas plain--cooking them in olive oil, with soy sauce and maybe garlic salt--but I decided it would be interesting to try adding chopped mushrooms and lemon juice.  It wasn't.  (I didn't like the way they turned out, because a) mushroom overload with it already being in the soup and b) the lemon was way too strong.  But my mom liked it, so I guess that balances out.)  Not much to say about a plain potato, haha, though I did end up adding some ketchup to it, so it wasn't completely plain.  And finally, the lemon water--a nice touch, but probably only something I'll do when I have a lemon I'm wanting to use up.  Otherwise, plain water is more my style.

Mr. Boogie, on his new favorite perch, with my sister's soccer blanket.

Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment