Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Broccoli Noodle Soup

Hello on the 24th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Only one week left!  Today I have my perfect-for-a-cold plain and simple broccoli noodle soup.

Broccoli Noodle Soup


Ingredients:
--2 cups vegetable broth
--3/4 cup rotini pasta
--1 cup frozen chopped broccoli


This is pretty much the simplest recipe to make when you aren't feeling well, but really want something warm to fill you up.  When I made this yesterday, I was growling and grumbling the entire time, and I honestly didn't even feel like eating any vegetables (which tells both you and me that I really was sick, haha), but I tossed in a cup of frozen chopped broccoli because I knew I needed some greens, and I ended up enjoying them anyway.  I also had some vegetable crackers to dunk in the broth, and it was a nice filling meal overall.


Today, I am already starting to feel better.  My throat feels a bit scratchy still, but at least I'm not stumbling around like a vegan zombie anymore.  "GRAAAAAAAINS!"

Mr. Boogie's Gene Simmons impression

Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok I messed up my last post..... so here goes

    I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Soup is always so great when you aren't feeling well. Looks like this one was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, omgoshimvegan! This one was definitely delicious and great for my cold. :)

      Delete
  2. I looooooove soup! I will have to try this if it ever gets chilly here in CA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it whenever you get the chance to try it out, Kylie!

      Delete