Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Brownies with Pumpkin Seeds

Hello on the 10th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I'm writing about the brownies that I made over the weekend.  It's a simple recipe (even simpler since it's not entirely from scratch, ah well...), but it is delicious and I keep finding new ways to jazz it up.

Brownies with Pumpkin Seeds


Ingredients:
--Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge brownie mix
--1/2 cup applesauce
--1/2 cup vegetable oil
--1/4 cup water
--1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
--pumpkin seeds (raw)


Combine the brownie mix, applesauce, vegetable oil, and water.  Add the chocolate chips and stir well.  Grease a pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and pour in the brownie mix.  Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.  Let stand and cool before slicing up the brownies.


My mom and I got a little impatient and cut them up too soon, so they fell apart really easily, but they were still delicious.  For mine, I sprinkled some raw pumpkin seeds on top, and it was perfect.

With some green tea (I love how the steam fogged up my camera lens, haha)

I just got off the phone with my Uncle Mark, and he told me how he had picked up some coconut oil to use in place of butter and shortening in his cookie recipes.  He also bought some EnerG Egg Replacer and plans to try out using applesauce at other times. 

Mr. Boogie doing some acrobatics...

...and stretching...


Peace.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I was just googling to see some feedback as to whether or not pumpkin seeds would work in a brownie (usually I use walnuts, but we're out). Thanks for the recipe, and Mr. Boogie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I'm glad the recipe was helpful!

      Delete