Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies

Hello on the 23rd day of the Vegan Month of Food!  This post today is not a recipe of my own, but it is certainly delicious, and one that I love to make.

Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies


For ingredients and directions, see the following recipe on food.com, Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Nut Cookies.  For the first ingredient, I chose to use peanut butter.  The only other differences for me were that I used plain, all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour and that I left out the nuts at the end.


I love making big cookies, so I got 12 cookies total out of this batch.  I could make a lot more if I made them smaller, but bigger cookies are always better, at least in my book.  :)


Zach's family had Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, so I brought these along for dessert (yes, we had an early Thanksgiving, haha!).  Vegan options for dinner included rice, corn, and sweet potatoes.  The sweet potatoes were nice because I haven't had them in a long while, so I enjoyed them.


But back to the cookies--these are probably my favorite cookies ever.  They are so nice and soft and chewy!  I also love just the simple process of baking them.  I love mixing all the ingredients together; I was literally dancing around the kitchen as I was making these cookies.  And any leftover cookie dough, I get to enjoy while the cookies bake.  But the best thing is that this cookie dough tastes and smells exactly like what I think of when I think of "cookie dough."


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment