Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Guacamole

Hello on the 4th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I mentioned making guacamole yesterday, so here's my post about it as promised.  I used this Basic Guacamole Recipe as a starting point.

"Hmmm, you used a recipe?"

However, I am very stubborn and rarely follow recipes exactly, and this was no exception.  I made it without the lemon juice (since I didn't have any), just used garlic salt instead of garlic powder and salt, and left out the optional cayenne, etc.

"Close enough."

Guacamole 


So, the ingredients I used were as follows:
--1 avocado
--1/4 cup salsa
--1/4 tsp garlic salt


Cut open the avocado and scoop out the "meat" of it, mashing it up in a bowl, then add the salsa and garlic salt, mix together, and enjoy your guacamole with tortilla chips, potato chips, or any other snacks you like to have with a dip. 


Well, I'm off to do some cleaning and straightening up around the house; my Uncle Mark is stopping by early before the camping trip he's going on with my dad and his friends this weekend, so we'll be talking about recipes and about writing, and hopefully (if it's dry enough) Zach and I will be able to take him disc-golfing.

Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. After reading your post 'd love some guac right now! Your kittie's super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, vegan.in.brighton! There will surely be more pictures of him throughout the month!

      Delete
  2. Aww....your kitty looks a lot like my Sophie, who has been gone for a few years now. She was a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry to hear about Sophie, greenveggies. I'm sure she was very sweet, and what a beautiful name she had!

      Delete