Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lazy Saturday post

Hello on the 6th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I know I'm a bit late posting, but I was busy today.  This morning, I walked with my mom to the farmers market and we had fun checking out the variety of pumpkins and gourds.  I picked out a huge head of broccoli but then had to listen as the person in front of me in line was reassured that the beef patties he had just purchased were from "happy cows."  x_x

The majority of the rest of my day was spent researching apartments with Zach (and "collating the data" as he made up a spreadsheet organizing all the different information for each place).  I also did some cooking (finally got around to that quinoa!) and baking, but that will be a later post because I haven't gotten all my photos loaded up yet.

Potatoes & "Chik'n"


This was another simple dinner that I had earlier in the week.  My mom and I boiled a bunch of potatoes, then sliced them up, laying them out on a baking tray with olive oil and thyme and cooking them until they were nice and crispy around the edges.  I cooked a Boca "Chik'n" patty in the toaster oven and had that with the potatoes, as well as another spinach salad with sunflower seeds and dressing.

Goodnight & I hope you are enjoying the weekend!  Cue the sleepy kitty pictures...




Peace.  :)

2 comments: