Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Onion Soup Potatoes

Hello on the 15th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a new and improved recipe, mainly because I decided to buy some random ingredients--such as mushrooms and lemons--this weekend.  I got the idea for this recipe as we were driving back from visiting my sister, and I went ahead and made it that night as part of our dinner.  Without further ado, here ya go!

Onion Soup Potatoes
 
    
Ingredients:
--8 small- to medium-sized potatoes
--1/2 of a dry onion soup mix
--4 medium-sized mushrooms
--2 slices of lemon
--olive oil


Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes to soften them up.  Chop up the mushrooms nice and fine and add to a glass baking dish.  Chop up the potatoes into small chunks and add to the mushrooms.  Over the mushrooms and potatoes, sprinkle 1/2 of the dry onion soup mix, pour out some olive oil (I didn't measure this exactly, but at least 1-2 T), and squeeze out the juice of the two lemon slices.  Mix it all together well, cover with aluminum foil, and cook for about half an hour at 350 degrees F.  


I was skeptical about including the mushrooms (I'm really not a fan of mushrooms, so I don't know what possessed me to buy them), but I figured that since I chopped them up real small, I'd be able to ignore them.  When I've made this recipe before, I've done slices of potatoes, with just the onion soup and olive oil, and it's always been good, but this version turned out perfect.  The mushrooms were more than tolerable, and the lemon was a nice addition, though I might do a bit more next time since the lemon flavor wasn't as pronounced as I'd imagined it would be.  All in all, it was a great success.  This potato dish is great as a side, and I know for sure that this is going to be one that I'll do for part of my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner this year.

And now, some photos of Mr. Boogie "meditating" on the chair...hehehe...




Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment