Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Hello on this 7th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  My post today is about a lunch I quickly threw together earlier this week that ended up turning out pretty well.  I felt like having something different than the stereotypical PB&J, so I simply switched out the jelly for a banana.

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich


Ingredients:
--2 slices bread (I used Vermont Bread's Organic Soft White)
--peanut butter
--banana


Simply spread on the peanut butter and then slice up the banana length-wise, layering the pieces on top of the peanut butter (if you warm up the pieces of bread beforehand--for example, quickly & lightly toast them--the peanut butter will melt nicely).  Add the other slice and cut diagonally, and include some potato chips on the side for an added crunch.


My mom reminded me that this is one of Grandma's favorite sandwiches; growing up, I never understood why she liked it so much.  Now I do.


If you haven't stumbled across it already, there's a special discount at Vegan Essentials all this month!


The second week of Vegan MoFo begins tomorrow; hope everyone's ready!  Goodnight!


Peace.  :)

2 comments:

  1. PB&B was one of my favourite sandwiches as a kid (possibly because I felt very grown-up being able to slice the banana all by myself). Now I'm feeling a little nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete