Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Brownies

Hello on the 31st day of the Vegan Month of Food!  And Happy Halloween!  Today I have a post about my delicious pumpkin brownies, as well as a summary of this Vegan MoFo and what comes next.

Pumpkin Brownies


Ingredients:
--Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies mix
--1/4 cup applesauce
--1/3 cup vegetable oil
--1/3 cup water
--1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
--1 can pumpkin
 
 
Combine the brownie mix, applesauce, vegetable oil, and water.  Add the chocolate chips and stir well.  Grease a pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and pour in 1/3 of the brownie mix, spread out across pan.  Next, spoon out and spread around a layer of 1/2 the can of pumpkin.  Then another layer with the second 1/3 of the brownie mix, followed by the final half of the pumpkin, and then the final 1/3 of the brownie mix for the top layer.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.  Let stand and cool before slicing up the brownies.
 
Cooling
 
They are very mushy, but so delicious!  

Lovely layers
 
This Vegan Month of Food was very successful overall.  I was able to post for each of the 31 days and I did try some new recipes and experiments, though I did not crack open a single cookbook.  Ah well, you can win 'em all.  I was able to find several awesome new blogs to follow, such as Bite me, I'm vegan, Fellowship of the Vegetable, and KZ Cakes.
 
Going forward, I am certainly going to be trying new recipes, but cooking and baking (and blogging about it) are going to be less of a priority than my writing since the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) starts tomorrow.  I have no idea what I am going to write a 50,000-word novel about, so today will be a major brainstorming day for me.  The past two years I've done NaNoWriMo, I've had an idea weeks before I actually had to start writing, so this will be a new experience in my third year of the challenge.  Regardless of my lack of preparedness, I am very excited to be getting back into the swing of writing.  Blog posts here will be less frequent, though I may include a Thanksgiving post.  
 
To all my readers, thank you so much for reading my blog.  It's a simple thing, really, but it's nice knowing that when I publish these posts, there are people out there reading what I've written.  It gives a purpose to the process, which is fun in and of itself but becomes that much more satisfying when I know that others are being reached by my words.  Thanks to all who commented throughout the month; I love interacting with readers/fellow bloggers!  To my vegan readers, keep fighting the good fight and living the good life.  Keep on with your vegan advocacy in the many creative ways you have been--through writing, photography, cooking, baking, speaking, and being an example of a happy and healthy vegan individual to others in your life!  To any of my readers who are not vegan, I encourage you to check out some of the resources listed on the sidebar, especially the amazing Vegan Kit.  It is full of information, resources, recipes, and more!  And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to comment and ask!
 
Much love to all, and I hope you enjoyed this Vegan Month of Food as much as I did!
 
Mr. Boogie had fun, too. 

 
Peace.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Those look really good, I will have to make them. Chocolate and pumpkin is a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; it really is a fun combination!

      Delete