Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Recipe: Brown Rice & Vegetables

Hello everyone!  Happy first day of October and of the Vegan Month of Food (Vegan MoFo)!  I'm very excited to be doing this blogging challenge for my third year in a row!  I'm hoping to discover some new blogs and connect with fellow vegan bloggers, as well as to finally crack open my cookbooks and try out new and exciting recipes throughout the month.  

Mr. Boogie is skeptical that I'll even bother to dig out my cookbooks, let alone reference them.

For today's post, I have a quick and simple recipe, one that I made the other day for a light lunch.

Brown Rice & Vegetables


Ingredients:
--1/2 cup minute brown rice
--1 cup vegetable broth
--snap peas
--baby carrots
--garlic salt


Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, add the rice & lower the heat, chop up the veggies & add them to the mix, and sprinkle in some garlic salt.  Nice and simple.

"Upcoming culinary adventures include Julie figuring out what to do with the avocados and quinoa she bought over the weekend.  Maybe she should check her cookbooks.  *cough* *cough*"

Peace.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that this is quick and easy and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact you have starred your cat in the post makes me like you already! I like easy meals during the week too!

    ReplyDelete