Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Recipe: Salad & Pizza

Hello on this rainy day, the second day of the Vegan Month of Food (Vegan MoFo).  I've already discovered several awesome new blogs and it's amazing to see how creative everyone gets throughout the month.  Here's a link to the 2012 Blog Roll, with all the participating blogs--it's pretty impressive how many bloggers join in on this endeavor!  I got back from the movies a bit ago (a nice date with Zach; we saw "Won't Back Down"), and made myself a late dinner, but now that I'm done with that, I'll share with you a simple dinner I had earlier this week.

Salad & Pizza


Ingredients for the salad:
--spinach
--raw sunflower seeds
--vegan dressing (I used a vegan Caesar's dressing)


Well, the salad is pretty self-explanatory, just wash the spinach, toss some sunflower seeds on top, and pour on some dressing.  :)


Ingredients for the pizza:
--pita
--spaghetti sauce
--vegan mozzarella (I used Vegan Gourmet)
--broccoli 
--garlic salt (optional)


The pizza is fairly simple as well.  Spread a few spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce onto the pita, add the vegan mozzarella (I had to shred it since Vegan Gourmet comes as a square chunk, but if you can always use Daiya mozzarella, which comes shredded), chop up and add some broccoli, and then cook the pizza.  I used the toaster oven, since it fit in perfectly; sometimes I'll just microwave it if I'm in a rush.  Once the pita's nice and crispy and the "cheese" is melted, I usually add a sprinkle of garlic salt, and that's all there is to it.

Have a good night, and I'll be back tomorrow with another recipe.


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment