Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Sloppy Joes

Hello on the 19th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Quick post tonight about the awesomely delicious sloppy joes that I made yesterday.

Sloppy Joes

 
Ingredients:
--Fantastic Foods Sloppy Joe mix
--1 3/4 cup water
--1 T olive oil
--3 oz. spaghetti sauce (package calls for tomato paste, but I didn't have any on hand)
--2 slices Ezekiel bread (didn't have buns, but I really wanted those sloppy joes, so I was willing to improvise, and one of the slices was the end slice, so that's close enough to a bun, right?)


Prepare the sloppy joes by bringing the water to a boil, then adding the mix, oil, and sauce.  Lower heat and let simmer until liquid is absorbed.  Serve on toasted Ezekiel bread, with french fries and a salad, and enjoy the delicious messiness that is a sloppy joe.


I loved this sloppy joe; combined with the fries and salad, it was a great meal, and I didn't notice the amount of spiciness until I was about halfway done.  (The first time I made this mix, it had seemed overly spicy to me from just the first bite.)  All in all, it was a nice dinner, and there was plenty of leftover sloppy joe mix that I will use in other recipes.


Of course, a photo of Mr. Boogie to bring tonight's post to its close...


Peace.  :)

2 comments:

  1. This sloppy joe looks pretty good. MMM I could go for some nice comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really good; perfect comfort food!

      Delete