Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Squash Lasagna

Hello on the 29th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  Today I have a post about what I made for dinner last night--lasagna with green and yellow squash (a simple variation on past Vegan MoFo post Lasagna).  I hope everyone is staying safe, dry, and warm with all the weather going on out there.  I'm making sure to post early just in case anything happens with the power; I have my priorities in line, as you can clearly see.

Squash Lasagna


Ingredients:
--lasagna noodles

--spaghetti sauce

--vegan mozzarella

--green and yellow squash

--garlic salt



While boiling the lasagna noodles, shred the vegan mozzarella and chop up the green and yellow squash (I used more of my previously chopped and frozen squash).  Line the pan with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce.  Put down the first layer of lasagna noodles, another layer of spaghetti sauce, and then a layer of vegan mozzarella and squash.  Repeat for as many layers as you would like (I did three layers total) and sprinkle some garlic salt atop the final layer.  Cook until the mozzarella is nice and melted.


When I went to serve this, I was really nervous because it was a lot more saucy than usual (I'm thinking because of the frozen squash), but it turned out amazing.  I loved this version of the lasagna; it was delicious and filling, and best of all, I have leftovers, hahaha!


Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment