Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vegetable Noodle Soup

Hello on the 11th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I'd also like to wish a happy National Coming Out Day, not only to all the individuals who have already come out, but also to those who haven't/can't yet.  Love and peace to all!  :)

 Vegetable Noodle Soup 

 
Ingredients:
--1 cup vegetable broth
--3/4 cup rotini pasta
--celery
--carrots
--cauliflower
--pepper


Bring the vegetable broth to a boil, add the rotini, and lower the heat.  Chop up and add the celery, carrots, and cauliflower.  Sprinkle on some pepper before serving.  Enjoy with vegetable crackers.


This recipe, while simple, is one that reminds me of the chicken noodle soup that my dad used to make for my sister and me.  He was actually talking about his recipe the other day, getting all nostalgic, but quickly commented how happy he is that he can still make it for us--just without the chicken, of course.  :)  (The "chicken" bouillon that he uses is one of those "accidentally vegan" sorts of things, no actual chicken or other animal products in it.) 

This close-up of Mr. Boogie makes me smile.

Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. This looks like what I'm craving! It was chilly and rainy today and I was wishing I had some soup for lunch. Now I wish I had your soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup's always perfect on those kinds of days. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kittee! He is indeed! :)

      Delete