Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vegetable Quinoa

Hello on the 9th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I finally got around to cooking up some quinoa, which was a fun experiment, since I'd never even eaten quinoa before, let alone prepared it myself.  

Vegetable Quinoa


Ingredients:
--1 cup vegetable broth
--1/2 cup quinoa
--broccoli
--cauliflower
--red pepper


First, rinse off the quinoa.  Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and add the rinsed quinoa.  Lower heat.  Chop up and add the vegetables.  Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has plumped up.  Serves 2.


Having never had quinoa before, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I'm glad that I gave it a chance because I really enjoyed it.  My mom had a serving of the quinoa as well and thought it was good (even though she's not a fan of broccoli), so that's another thing to keep on my list of meals that have passed Mom's taste-test.


Mr. Boogie has been very cute and photogenic lately, but, on the other hand, he has also woken me up the past two nights with his antics--climbing on top of my head Sunday night (!) and chewing on my Halloween decorations last night.  (I woke up to his "n'yahm n'yahm" chewing sounds and scrabbled out of bed to pull him away.  He didn't actually swallow anything since I managed to catch him so quickly, so that was good.  I now have the strand hung higher so he can't reach it.)  I guess the adorableness and the mischievousness balance each other out.


Peace.  :)

4 comments:

  1. wow! your 1st time having quinoa!! this is a very special vegan moment. I love quinoa so much. It's so good for you, plus I love the funny texture... the way it sort of "pops". mmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it shouldn't have taken me this long to have quinoa, haha! I was really missing out!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE quinoa, so yummy and this recipe looks simple and delicious!

    Cute kitty too!

    ReplyDelete