Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Yellow Rice with Kidney Beans and Spinach

Hello on the 26th day of the Vegan Month of Food!  I'm not exactly sure what I'll have as my final five posts, but I'm pretty sure that my pumpkin brownies will be among them since I've been looking forward to making them for Halloween again!  Today I have a dinner recipe that, even though I put it together without much planning, ended up turning out well.

Yellow Rice with Kidney Beans and Spinach


Ingredients:
--Carolina Yellow Rice mix

--1 T olive oil or vegan margarine

--1 2/3 cup water

--1/3 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

--handful of spinach, washed


Prepare the yellow rice according to package directions.  Add in kidney beans after the rice has been simmering for at least five minutes, and add in the spinach when the rice is almost done.  Serve with corn and potatoes.


Peace.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment