Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chicken Nuggets and French Fries

Hello on the 18th day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today as part of Nostalgia Week, I tried the Health is Wealth Vegan Chicken-Free Nuggets for the first time and really enjoyed them.

Chicken Nuggets and French Fries


This is probably the simplest of my Nostalgia Week meals to prepare: Just lay out some vegan "chicken" nuggets and fries on a baking tray, put in the oven at 425° F for 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Serve with corn and baby carrots, as well as ketchup for dipping.


Growing up, "Chicken Nugget Wednesday" was great because it featured one of my favorite foods, but it was even better because it was the one night a week that my sister and I had the privilege of not having to sit at the table for dinner. Instead, we were allowed to eat in the den and watch TV or a movie, while our mom and dad stayed at the kitchen table to eat together. It was simple but fun, definitely a nice memory from when I was younger.

I used to put the ketchup on top of the nuggets instead of dunking them.


Here's Mystery being a "helper" when Zach was setting up our TV trays.




Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memory! I hadn't thought about those nuggets in YEARS (although I was definitely a dunker). I can still remember how the crumbly coating feels on your tongue. Should I admit that I eat in front of the tv all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're welcome, Abby Bean! :) Yup, these had that same nice crumbly breading; so good! Hahaha, don't worry; I eat in front of the TV most of the time now, too, and if it's not there, it's at the computer!

      Delete