Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Creamy Pasta with Kale and Chick'n

Hello on the fourth day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today I made progress preparing for one of my themed weeks -- I have my "Nostalgia Week" all mapped out with what I will make for each day. I'm really excited for it, and now all I have to do is gather all the ingredients and pick when do it. Right now I'm leaning towards the week of the 15th-21st, simply because that will give me a bit more time, but we'll see.

Today's recipe is one that I have been playing around with for a bit and have come to enjoy.

Creamy Pasta with Kale and Chick'n


Ingredients:
--1 serving of preferred pasta (I used spaghetti)
--kale (about 1-2 cups worth; I tear the leaves into good-sized pieces)
--1/4 cup soymilk (I used Nature's Promise organic original)
--1 T vegan butter or oil (I used Earth Balance)
--nutritional yeast (I just judge it by sight, so I don't have an exact measurement)
--salt and pepper to taste
--Gardein chick'n strips (8 is a serving size)

nice & steamy

Cook the pasta, adding the kale in the last couple minutes, drain and return to stove-top, adding soymilk, vegan butter, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Stir, cover, and let simmer on low heat. Sauté the chick'n strips on medium heat until lightly browned. Add chick'n strips to pasta, stir, and serve. 


If you haven't already, be sure to check out RandoMoFo, which generates a random Vegan MoFo blog each time you refresh. 

As always, Mystery says hello.


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. This pasta looks so comforting! I'm always looking for new ways to eat greens. Also I'm really looking forward to your nostalgia week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, elyse! Yes, this is definitely a great comfort food & an easy way to get some greens! I'm glad you're excited for my nostalgia week!

      Delete
  2. Mmm Think I'll be giving this a try soon! My supermarket doesn't sell kale though so i'll be subbing broccoli I expect.
    Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charmite! I hope you enjoy it whenever you get a chance to make it! Broccoli should work just fine; I've also made it with spinach.

      Delete