Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Kabocha Squash Soup

Hello on the 30th and final day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today's food post is a quick and easy dinner since I wanted to focus on my round-up!

Kabocha Squash Soup


My mom found this for me (she's always searching for vegan goodies), and it looked like the perfect fall soup. 

(The chunks of squash sunk to the bottom of my soup instead of floating at the top...)

I just warmed it up on the stove-top and had it with some crackers and the leftover fries from yesterday. 


It was really good, though I might add in some rice next time.


This month has gone by so quickly, but it has been a lot of fun! I posted each and every day (30 posts total), and I finally attempted some themes. I enjoyed the randomness of the first two weeks, but having themes for the last two (Nostalgia Week and Parks and Recreation Week) was nice in that it gave me a specific focus and was a creative challenge.

OK, now prepare yourself for lots of lists and links!

My five most-viewed posts this Vegan MoFo:






I discovered & started following so many great blogs:
























And I bookmarked lots of recipes that I want to try:

















I intend to keep up with my blog in between now and the next Vegan MoFo; Zach suggested doing one post a week, and I think that sounds like a good idea. One of my plans is to blog about the above recipes when I try them out. I think it would also be fun to do some posts about Mystery here and there since people seemed to enjoy her photos. Anything else you are interested in seeing in future blog posts? Let me know in the comments. :)

Thanks so much to everyone who read my blog, who commented, and who shared my posts with others! And thanks to my fellow bloggers for inspiring me throughout the month with such amazing recipes! It's great to see all this delicious vegan food, but I think one of my favorite parts of Vegan MoFo is getting to "meet" so many lovely vegans and the non-human animals with whom they share their lives. Seeing pictures and videos of others' companion animals during Vegan MoFo is a really encouraging thing, and it serves as a simple reminder of why we are vegan: For the animals.

If you aren't vegan but would like more information, I'd recommend the Vegan Starter Kit. Check out the resources section in my blog's sidebar for additional links, and of course, I'm here if you have any questions. :)

Here's Mystery saying bye for now; it's time to get some rest after all this excitement!


Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great round up! Thanks for the mention. I will definitely be trying some of your recipes, the peanut butter rice will be the first now I've got over my dislike of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jasmine! Hope the peanut butter rice turns out nicely, as well as any other recipes you try! :)

      Delete