Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pizza Bagels

Hello on the fifth day of the Vegan Month of Food! Did you know that today is National Cheese Pizza Day? I had no idea until I saw it mentioned by a fellow Vegan MoFo blogger, Melissa of New Orleans in Green (see Happy National Cheese(less) Pizza Day!). Today's post, therefore, features vegan cheese pizza in the form of...

Pizza Bagels
    

Ingredients:
--plain bagel, sliced open
--tomato sauce
--spinach, chopped
--shredded vegan cheese (I used Daiya, both mozzarella and cheddar)
--garlic salt


Place the open bagel halves on a baking sheet. Add tomato sauce, spreading evenly. Layer on some spinach, add the cheese, give a quick shake of some garlic salt, and put in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!


This is a super quick & easy meal to make. I like to have them with potato chips and a pickle on the side. 


Zach likes his pizza bagels without the spinach and with a sprinkle of salt instead of garlic salt.


And to close tonight's post, here's a photo of Mystery snuggling with her little pink bear.


Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. They look great! Oh pizza is never a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Randi! Yeah, you can't really go wrong with pizza. :)

      Delete
  2. I am totally in the mood for pizza! I wish I had this for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had pizza for breakfast, but I think it's only a matter of time... :)

      Delete
    2. It's a whole new world of savory breakfasts :)
      Just made these for supper and they were awesome! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Yay; glad to hear you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  3. Omgz they look amazing! I can't wait for Daiya to branch out across the pond, I love melty cheese :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Yes, Daiya is awesome and gets nice and melty; I like the shreds best, but they also make wedges and slices. Hopefully Daiya will make its way over to you soon enough! :)

      Delete