Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Strawberry Butter Pancake

Hello on the second day of Vegan MoFo! It's a short post today, but seeing as how it's also Labor Day, I think it's all good.

Today I tried out a vegan pancake made by my parents. (They found a recipe that they used to make pancakes for my sister, who is also vegan, and they saved one for me to have.) I haven't gotten the recipe from my mom yet, but it'll probably be one that I'll end up using myself as the pancake was quite delicious, nice and fluffy. 


For some added flavor and sweetness, I spread some strawberry butter (ingredients: strawberries, white grape and lemon juice concentrate) on top. 


And then I cut it up and dug right in (with an organic gala apple on the side).

 
For the end of today's post, here is one of my favorite photographs of Mystery.

Mystery, in her "fearless warrior" pose

Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. that is pretty cool that your parents make you vegan pancakes! and I've never heard of strawberry butter. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amey! My parents are great with veganizing recipes for my sister and me & very open to trying vegan foods. It was my first time trying strawberry butter & I loved it!

      Delete
  2. The pancake looks pretty good. I've tried once to make some vegan ones but they didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, omgoshimvegan! I've used a mix to make vegan pancakes in the past (just had to add soymilk, vegetable oil, and an egg replacer), but they never turned out as fluffy as this one did!

      Delete
  3. fluffy vegan pancakes are the best, that strawberry butter sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete