Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Tea Time

Hello on the 21st day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today is the last day of Nostalgia Week, which I will bring to a close with a fun tradition that I continue to this day.

Tea Time


Growing up, about an hour or so before we had to start getting ready for bed, we would have "tea time," which meant tea and a small snack. My mom would boil the water and prepare tea for everyone; I liked mine with sugar and enough milk to turn it a creamy light tan color. I enjoyed having cookies for a snack because then I could dunk them in the tea.


Tea time was always such a nice way to bring the day to its end and it became a nightly habit for me. I generally do tea time now around 9-10 p.m., and I prefer to have my tea plain (no soy milk/creamer or sugar). I love trying out new flavors, and these are two of my favorite ones right now (both organic and fair-trade):

Chamomile Lemon

Moroccan Mint

And here's the tea I had tonight, with lemon cookies to dunk:

(It's a red lavender herbal tea, also organic and fair-trade.)

And sometimes Zach joins me for tea time with his favorite, Earl Grey.


Here's Mystery after I got up from our cuddling on the couch Thursday night; she stayed right where she had been, hanging a bit off the edge of the couch even though there was plenty of room for her at that point.


P.S. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for the start of my Parks and Recreation theme week!

Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! What a great daily ritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elyse; it really is nice! :)

      Delete