Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tomato Mac & Cheese

Hi there, and happy Vegan Month of Food! In the past three years that I've done Vegan MoFo, I've never had a theme, but this year I decided to give it a (halfway) try. My plan is to do two non-themed weeks and two themed weeks. The first of the themed weeks (either the second or third week) will be "Nostalgia Week," wherein I veganize favorite meals from when I was younger. The other, which I am even more excited about, will take place the fourth week of Vegan MoFo, when I will veganize foods from the TV show Parks and Recreation, in honor of it starting up again on the 26th!

Photo from: http://nbcparksandrec.tumblr.com/post/39047731702

Today's recipe is a simple mac and cheese that I made yesterday for lunch. 

Tomato Mac & Cheese


Ingredients (1 serving):
--1/2 cup elbow noodles
--1/4 cup soymilk
--1/4 cup vegan cheddar (I used Daiya, shredded)
--1 tsp vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
--couple shakes of nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper
--tomato, chopped up however you like


Cook the noodles, drain and add the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and liquid absorbed. Serve and enjoy.


I also have a very special someone that I would like to introduce: little Mystery, who Zach and I adopted back in February. She's somewhere around 14 years old (most recent guess from the vet), and she is very sweet. I'll include a picture of her with each of my posts this year. (Mr. Boogie, the cat who was in each of my posts last Vegan MoFo, is still living with my parents, and he is as cute as ever.)

Mystery

This Vegan MoFo, I'm looking forward to visiting my favorite blogs again and also discovering some new ones. If this is your first time doing Vegan MoFo, please leave a comment and I'll make sure to check out your blog!

Happy MoFo'ing, everyone!

Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. lovely to make your acquaintance through vegan mofo, its my first year of participating. I am liking your vegan mac and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shaheen! Hope you have a great time with Vegan MoFo!

      Delete
  2. your mac and cheese looks so yummy! i love the fresh tomato. i might have to make this for lunch tomorrow. also, Mystery has such a sweet face -- congrats on adopting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, elyse! (And I hope you enjoy the mac & cheese if you get a chance to make it!)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea about parks and rec! I love that show! I anticipate JJ's waffles and mini calzones haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, a fellow Parks & Rec fan! :D JJ's waffles are definitely on the list!

      Delete