Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Veggie Burger

Happy Friday to all on the sixth day of the Vegan Month of Food!

I've yet to make my own veggie burgers completely from scratch, but I did recently try using a veggie burger mix, and it turned out nicely. It's definitely something I'll make again.

Veggie Burger

 
 
Ingredients:
--1/4 cup Fantastic World Foods Nature's Burger mix
--1/4 cup boiling water
--olive oil (optional)


Combine in bowl, stir well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Form into patty and fry in pan (I added a tiny bit of olive oil), flipping occasionally until both sides are nicely browned.


Serve on a bun (I prefer to just use two pieces of Ezekiel bread) with lettuce, tomato, and desired condiments (I like both ketchup & mustard). Enjoy with steak fries and baby carrots on the side. 

the veggie burger, a couple chomps in

Here is Mystery, closing out today's Vegan MoFo post with an adorably grumpy squint.

the cute little grumpus

Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Mystery's squint! SO CUTE! Nice to see another blogger ending posts with animal pics :)

    ReplyDelete