Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bookmarked Recipes (Part 2)

Hello everyone! I've been making more progress on trying out some bookmarked recipes, so here's the latest installment!

Cheezy Twice Baked Potato


Last week, I made the Cheezy Twice Baked Potato from The Seattle Chickpea. My changes to the recipe: I used slightly less nutritional yeast and baked it the second time for 20 minutes at 350°F. 


It smelled amazing coming out of the oven and tasted delicious; Mystery was climbing all over me trying to get at it. I'll certainly make this again and experiment with different fun fillings. 


Pumpkin Brownie Cookies


I also made the Pumpkin Brownie Cookies from the vegan marshmallow. My only change was to use oat bran as I didn't have any almond meal. The dough was indeed sticky as Tina warns in her post, but it wasn't all too difficult to form into cookies. 


They turned out perfect, nice and soft and chocolately, definitely a great cookie recipe for fall/Halloween! 


Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate


Finally, last night, I made the Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate from Fo Reals Life. My changes: I left out the cardamom and used cocoa instead of chocolate chips (and only made a single serving). 


It was a nice treat for a fall night and easy enough to make; I'll likely return to this recipe soon enough!


In other news, today is National Cat Day, though Mystery doesn't see how it's different from any other day.

"Every Day is Cat Day!"

Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you enjoyed the cookies! Thank you for the shot out! Let's keep the fall spirit rolling -- I just bought an acorn squash and you provided the perfect inspiration in your last post! Can't wait to make it :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course; thanks so much for sharing such a fun recipe! :) Awesome about the acorn squash; looking forward to hearing how it turns out!

      Delete