Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Bookmarked Vegan MoFo Recipes (Part 1)

Hello everyone! Sorry I missed posting last week (I'm not that great at sticking to a blogging schedule without Vegan MoFo!), but I'm back now with the first installment of my adventures in trying out some Vegan MoFo recipes from other blogs! I've already tried three of the 21 I listed in my final Vegan MoFo post, so I think that's some good progress!

Without further ado, here they are...

Chickpea Nuggets


First, I made the Kids Lunchbox Club - Chickpea Nuggets from Vegans Eat Yummy Food Too!!!. My changes to the recipe: I left out the spring onions, used regular breadcrumbs instead of panko breadcrumbs, and halved the recipe. 


They were pretty easy to make and bake, and they tasted good (though I might do a bit less soy sauce and lemon juice next time). I had mine with fries and baby carrots (and ketchup). I'll likely make these again sometime.


Crack Potatoes


Next, I made the Recipe Urban Legends (Facebook Edition) ~Crack Potatoes~ from Tasty Planet. This was a nice simple recipe, and I was excited to make it since I had found a vegan ranch dressing by Organicville! 


I made a smaller batch of this recipe and used olive oil instead of Earth Balance and TVP (textured vegetable protein) instead of vegan bacon bits). These turned out really well, quite delicious; I've already made them a second time! My first time making them, I had them with my leftover chickpea nuggets. 


The second time I had them with peanut butter brown rice and broccoli.


Mac & Cheese Nachos

 

Finally, I made Mac n' Cheese Nachos, inspired by The Spade & Spoon. Mine were simpler and less colorful than the original, but they still turned out alright. Just Tostitos scoops...


...topped with mac & cheese (whole wheat noodles, soy milk, Earth Balance, Daiya cheddar, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic powder)...


...and lastly topped with mild salsa.


In other news, happy Indigenous People's Day!

Here's a cute picture of Mystery relaxing with her legs stretched out...


...and poking her head up when I took the picture...


Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the chickpea nuggets!
    My hubby also liked them with less soysauce, but I preferred the extra bit lol
    Isn't it funny how people's taste as so different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were really good! :) Thank you so much for posting about them during Vegan MoFo!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm... so much to like about this post! Chickpea nuggets and mac n cheese nachos?! HELLO!!

    Also, those pictures of Mystery are precious. She seems like such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, glad you enjoyed this post, Tina! Yes, Mystery is so adorable, she has a never-ending supply of cuteness! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks good! You shared some things I missed during MoFo! Cute cat pics too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, East Meets West Veg! Speaking of missing things during Vegan MoFo--I somehow missed your blog, but I'm following it now! :)

      Delete
    2. Same here! Haha! I think MoFo is too crazy to see all the great stuff! Luckily there is a lot of time after MoFo to make up for missing all those great posts!

      Delete
    3. Indeed; thank goodness for catch-up time! :)

      Delete