Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone! My treat for you today is a post chock full of photos of more decorations, candy, and of course, Mystery!

Since my last Halloween post, I've gotten two new decorations, as well as some adorable old cookie cutters that my mom found for me.

Painted by my aunt.

Scarecrow from my mom.



 

I've also made two more apple cider jug ghosts.
  
*narrows eyes* "Another one? Really?"
 
"Hmmm...I guess this one's alright."

The whole group of ghosties.

Oh, and I did some spooky sketches, too.







My favorite Halloween candy when I was younger (and obviously not vegan yet) was Reese's peanut butter cups. But there's nothing to fear, for there's a delicious vegan version that I just recently tried out: Justin's organic dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They are awesome!


Zach and I bought a good amount of vegan Halloween candy – Skittles (original and sour), Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch Kids, and Swedish Fish – so we will be prepared for the trick-or-treaters tonight! I'm so excited; I love giving out treats and seeing all the cute, creative costumes!



I'm going to be a witch again this Halloween, but little old Mystery decided she didn't want to be my familiar. Instead, she wanted to be the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. 


I found her practicing a couple days ago, sitting up in bed, all snuggled in, just waiting for some noms to be brought to her by an unsuspecting do-gooder who might have believed she was their grandmother.


"My, what few teeth you have!"

"The better to gum you with, my dear!"

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Those Justin's peanut butter cups are SOOO good! I love the apple cider jug with the cat face! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm definitely going to have to get more of the peanut butter cups; they were way too good! And thanks; I think the cat face jug ended up being my favorite! :)

      Delete
  2. Reese's peanut butter cups were my childhood and pre-vegan days favorite as well! Justin's dark chocolate PB cups are the perfect proxy! Plus dark chocolate is way more delicious (I probably didn't think that as a child).

    Also, the cat apple cider jug and Mystery's reaction? So priceless! I'm cackling over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dark chocolate is definitely more delicious! Glad you enjoyed Mystery and the cat apple cider jug! :D

      Delete