Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Roasted Acorn Squash with Wild Rice Stuffing

Hello everyone! Here's a new fall recipe I tried out last week.

Roasted Acorn Squash with Wild Rice Stuffing


I found the recipe here (just use a vegan butter & the recipe's vegan). My other changes included leaving out the shallots and celery, only making a third of the recipe (one acorn squash/two halves), and roasting first at 400°F for 15 minutes and then another 15 minutes, filled with the stuffing.

I had to poke the squash a couple times with a knife and then microwave it for a couple minutes to make it easier to cut in half. 

Cute little seeds.
 
Then I scooped out the seeds and the pulp (I later roasted the seeds).


The roasted acorn squash turned out OK, but not as good as I was hoping it would be. When I had the second half the next day as leftovers, it was a bit better, though. I think if I were to make it again, I would cook the rice in vegetable broth, add the celery back in, use less brown sugar, and leave out the cranberries as well (maybe use raisins instead?). (It was a bit too sweet for me.)


I also had a spinach salad and baby carrots with vegan ranch dressing.

 
As promised, here's the first picture I got of Mystery lying in the sun.


Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment