Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cooking with My Sister

Hello everyone! My sister came to visit yesterday, and we made a delicious mac & cheese for dinner. 


Ingredients:
--1 ½ cups elbow noodles
--3/4 cup soymilk
--1 T Earth Balance butter
--1/2 cup shredded Daiya cheddar cheese
--salt, pepper, and garlic



Cook the noodles, drain out the water, return the noodles to the stovetop and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well and letting simmer on low, covered, until the liquid had been absorbed. It turned out nice and creamy, and we both went back for more even though we were stuffed. 



For our snack later that night, we had tea and some banana bread that I’d made the night before. This is the recipe I use. 


For lunch today, we made oven-roasted golden potatoes. We sliced them up, added some olive oil, seasoned with garlic, pepper, salt, and rosemary, and put them in at 350° F for 15 minutes and then flipped them for another 15 minutes.



Along with the potatoes, we also had brown rice with broccoli, and carrots (not pictured).



Mystery really enjoyed having a new cuddle buddy. She even hunkered down for an #OccupyHallway as she waited for my sister to get out of the shower and snuggle some more.



Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. It all looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love macaroni and cheese. Have you tried The Vegan Zombies' recipe? It's one of my favorites. And oh my gosh, your kitty is precious <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked it up, and I will certainly have to try it; it sounds awesome! And thank you, she is quite the cutie!

      Delete