Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Herbed Spaghetti

Hello everyone! So, I finally tried a new recipe from my collection of random recipes cookbook (I started with a really easy one). I'd copied down the original recipe on an index card, so I don't remember the source. I ended up halving it and made some adjustments, so here's the version I prepared:

Herbed Spaghetti 


Ingredients:
--2 servings whole grain thin spaghetti
--1 ½ tsp vegan butter
--1 ½ tsp lemon juice (original recipe also recommended a bit of lemon zest, but I went without it)
--herbs: parsley, tarragon, chives (original recipe called for ¼ cup, fresh and finely chopped, but I just went with a few shakes of the dried herbs)
--salt and pepper to taste 


Directions: Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot. Stir in vegan butter, lemon juice, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed. 


It's a simple recipe, very easy to prepare, and it turned out well. I usually prefer to have sauce on my pasta, but this was a nice change. The first time I had it, it was with some Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders. This was my first time trying these as well, and they were pretty good. I think they're probably my favorite Gardein product so far.


The second time I made it, I added in some kale and had it along with baked slices of tempeh (Organic Three Grain from Lightlife). Another good combination all in all. 


And of course, here's Mystery, trying to get at my plate. 


Peace. :)

2 comments: