Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Miso Soup

Hello everyone! I hope your January has been going well! I love that it's been snowing so much, and after a long, snowy drive with Zach today, I decided to make something simple for dinner.

Miso Soup


I've been wanting to try miso soup for a while, so when I found some instant miso soup on sale, I decided to give it a try (I chose the lower sodium one). 


Tonight I had it with a grilled cheese sandwich (I used the shredded Daiya instead of the slices this time).


The Miso-Cup is super simple to make (just empty the packet into a bowl and pour in one cup of hot water). On its own, it's good, though nothing too exciting. (Mystery, however, seemed fascinated by it; she kept trying to get to it while I ate!)



I still have a couple packets left, so I'm going to experiment with ingredients to make it a more filling meal. But for now, here's some more pictures of the grilled cheese, yum!




Mystery has been very cuddly lately, pinning me down for hours at a time at night, curled up on my lap, so I have been getting a good amount of reading done. I'm on my third book of this year, about 2/3 of the way through Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy by Matthew Scully. Has anyone else read it? I'm enjoying it so far, though it is a bit dated since it was published over 10 years ago.

"I'll get some of that miso soup next time..."

Peace. :)

2 comments: