Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Schedule for Vegan MoFo 2014!

The Vegan Month of Food begins tomorrow! Hooray! 



I had a lot of fun with the two themed weeks I did last year (Nostalgia Week and Parks and Recreation), so this year, each week will have its own theme. (Maybe one year, far into the future, I can finally commit to a single monthly theme. Bahaha! We'll see about that!)

Vegan MoFo 2014

Sept 1-6 (Monday-Saturday): Intro/cookbook week

Sept 7-13: Dollar store vegan

Sept 14-20: Health food store vegan

Sept 21-27: The Veganlist

Sept 28-30 (Sunday-Tuesday): Random/wrap-up posts

Along with introductions, the first week will consist of me actually using one of my cookbooks! *gasp* I know; it's shocking! Those of you who know me/have read my blog, know that this will be a rare occurrence, me actually using cookbook recipes. I'd even made it one of my goals for 2014, to cook more from my cookbooks. Needless to say, I haven't done very well on that front, so this week will result in me trying several new cookbook recipes from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia C. Simpson. I'm excited!

The second week was inspired by the news of vegan mayonnaise Just Mayo starting to be sold at Dollar Tree. I'm hoping to give that a try and explore what additional vegan options are available at dollar stores. 


And then, in the third week, I'll focus on vegan finds at health food stores, comparing and contrasting with options at the dollar store and grocery store.

I'm super excited about my plans for the fourth week: The Veganlist, inspired by my new favorite TV show, The Blacklist. (I'm a very squeamish person, and this is a very violent, bloody, and twisted show. I often have to cover my eyes during the worst parts. But in spite of all that, I absolutely LOVE The Blacklist. I'm fascinated by the characters of Raymond "Red" Reddington and Elizabeth Keen. I love the suspense, and the combination of the overarching narrative and the weekly "blacklisters." I enjoy being surprised and piecing together clues to character histories. And I love Mr. Kaplan. But, I'm rambling...) I can hardly wait for the premier of the second season on September 22, and I thought, what better way to celebrate it than by veganizing the food of The Blacklist? Some of the planned menu items include Tom's “world-famous pancakes, gluten-free,” Meera's avgolemono (“What? I cook.”), and Janice's stroganoff, on which Red, unfortunately, had to “take a rain check.”
 

Finally, the fifth “week” (three days) will consist of some random food posts and my wrap-up of Vegan MoFo 2014.

I'm so excited for the festivities to finally begin!

Fellow Vegan MoFo bloggers, have you planned out your theme(s), or are you going to wing it? Either way, I'm sure it'll be awesome! See you all tomorrow!

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. They look like fun themes, especially the dollar store one. I live in the UK so our equivalent are pound shops. I love finding random vegan friendly stuff in those kind of shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, those are always welcome surprises! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie, I'm loving your theme and how you've broken it down, I can't wait to read more :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine! (Currently eating my dinner which will be my post later tonight, haha!)

      Delete